10 OF THE MOST HATED FILMS AT CANNES
All of this movies not only were part of the Official Selection of the Film Festival but also share the distinction of being booded and some of them even had suffered from massive walk outs at their respective screenings.
- L’Avventura by Michelangelo Antonioni (1960)
- Taxi Driver by Martin Scorsese (1976)
- Crash by David Cronenberg (1996)
- The Idiots by Lars Von Trier (1998)
- Irreversible by Gaspar Noe (2002)
- The Brown Bunny by Vincent Gallo (2003)
- Tropical Malady by Apichatpong Weerasethakul (2004)
- Marie-Antoinette by Sofia Coppola (2006)
- Antichrist by Lars Von Trier (2009)
- The Tree of Life by Terrence Malick (2011)
Oddly enough both Taxi Driver & The Tree of Life managed to win the Palm d’Or.
“This above all: to WAGTtB! be true.”
Do your part! Help WAGTtB! become a reality. We’re still very far from our goal, so we need you!
Salvador Dali, Woman with head of roses